Am I a candidate for IV infusions?
- Most everyone is a candidate for vitamin infusions
- Patients with kidney and active liver disease are not candidates.
- Congestive Heart Failure- not a candidate as the extra fluid may worsen the condition.
- Patients with milk allergies, lactose intolerant, or sulfa allergies should avoid the Glutathione boost. · Active recreational drug use must be avoided for 48 hours. Exception LF Power Recovery can be infused 8 hours after alcohol consumption to help with hangover symptoms.
Before my infusion?
- Make an appointment.
- Medical and Mental History will be reviewed.
- Lab work may be required to check a basic metabolic panel or BUN if there is any history of kidney issues.
- Blood pressure will be taken before and after the infusion.
- Sign Consent
What happens during my Infusion?
- You will sit in a comfortable chair.
- A small IV will be started in your hand or arm.
- You can relax and listen to music or use your phone.
- It will be over in about 30 min.
Post-infusion, now what?
- You can drive home and go about your day. You will feel great!
- Drink lots of water.
- Avoid alcohol for a while to allow your liver to recover from the toxin load
- Common early side effects as toxins release: Headache, general unwell feeling, diarrhea or constipation, sinus congestion, flu-like symptoms, or body aches.
- Other possible side effects: Bruising at the site of injection, rash, dizziness, flushing, chills, stomach pain, or chest heaviness. Infection would be a rare side effect.
- Loose bowel movements? Do not take antidiarrheal medication as the body is trying to dispose of the toxins.
- Constipation? Take oral Vitamin C and Magnesium or increase fiber.
- Take a magnesium salt bath. Magnesium can help draw out more toxins from your skin speeding up the process of toxin extraction
- Intermittent Fasting can be a good idea. It gives your digestive system a break.
- Bone broth day. The fat and protein will keep you satiated while you detox.
- Juice fast. It is important to include a lot of vegetables as all fruit can make you feel
worse. Add coconut oil to slow down the absorption of glucose.
- Keep LifeFusion professionals
informed. Ultimately, the symptoms are temporary, and you will have healthier cells.
- Remember, LifeFusion Vitamin and medication infusions are not a cure. They are designed to give you a cleanse, a reset, and nutritional support. They are just one tool to help obtain overall optimum health.
Am I a candidate for Ketamine infusion therapy (KIT)?
- Ketamine therapy is not a first line therapy. It is reserved for patients with refractory conditions not responsive to first-line treatments.
- If you feel like you have tried everything, and nothing has helped: this may make the difference you need.
- If you have been suffering
Before my ketamine infusion?
- Make an appointment
- Stop Lamictal and benzodiazepines (Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, Valium) 6 hours before and preferably 6 hours after for best results.
- Keep taking all you usual medications as scheduled. -Stop eating 2 hours before and drink clear fluids up to 1 hour before treatment.
- Medical and Mental health history will be reviewed -Brief evaluation and vital signs will be taken
- For mental health disorders, fill out PHQ-9 Depression questionnaire (Save time download and bring it in filled out)
- Sign Consent
During my infusion?
- You will sit and recline in a comfortable chair.
- A small iv will be started in your hand or arm.
- The lights will be turned off.
- Noise cancelling headphones will be placed. You can listen to music.
- You cannot use your phone.
- You will enter a very a relaxed state. You may see some brilliant colors.
- It will last about 40 min.
- If you feel like we need to adjust the fusion at any time we can make those adjustments.
Post-infusion, now what?
- You will need a ride home. You cannot drive for 12 hours.
- You may feel slightly sleepy or dizzy immediately after your infusion.
- Stay hydrated.
- Go home and rest for a few hours at a minimum.
- Eat a good healthy diet preferably rich in green vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid candy, soda, caffeine, alcohol, and recreational drugs the day of infusion.
- Continue all medications for both medical and mental health.
- Usually 4 infusions for peak benefit, then maintenance infusions when you feel you need a tune up.